Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] A very basic VrAudioSource Question

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] A very basic VrAudioSource Question
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 12:27:14 -0800

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 12:23:41AM +0000, Ian Wraith wrote:
> when compiled with
>
> g++ -Wall test.cc -o test.e -I/usr/local/gnuradio/include
>
> brings up an error that PARANOID isn't defined. So after looking at the
> makefile that comes with the example programs I added ..
>
> g++ -Wall test.cc -o test.e -I/usr/local/gnuradio/include -DPARANOD=1
>
> that then brings up lots of errors including ..
>
> /tmp/ccRHaSvh.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN13VrAudioSourceIsEC1EdPKc+0x9b):
> undefined reference to `VrSigProc::setSamplingFrequency(double)'
> /tmp/ccRHaSvh.o: In function `VrSource<short>::VrSource[not-in-charge]()':
> /tmp/ccRHaSvh.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN8VrSourceIsEC2Ev+0x10): undefined
> reference to `VrSigProc::VrSigProc[not-in-charge](int, unsigned, unsigned)'
>
>  Its obvious I am making a very basic error here by not putting something
> in the include path or by not linking to something. Can anyone give me an
> example of how to compile this little test program ?

The easiest way to build new applications or test programs is to simply
add them to the gnuradio/src/gnu/examples directory and edit
Makefile.am, then type "make".  The Makefile should be regenerated
from Makefile.am, and then the appropriate magic will be performed.

If you look in Makefile.am, you'll see two places that you need to edit.

(1) add myprogram to the list starting with...

noinst_PROGRAMS         =               \
        myprogram                       \
        adc3_fft                        \
        adc3_fftavg                     \

(2) add the two lines that instruct make how to build it:

myprogram_SOURCES       = myprogram.cc
myprogram_LDADD         = $(top_builddir)/src/gnu/lib/libgnuradio.la

Then type "make".

>  Sadly I spend most of my time programming for Windows so am not used
> to make files but it looks like I am going to have to learn.

We won't hold it against you ;-)

Eric