Are there plans for a multi-threaded Emacs?

From: Frank Schmitt
Subject: Are there plans for a multi-threaded Emacs?
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 22:46:40 +0100

Hello

I'm wondering if there are any plans for implementing multi-threaded
program execution into Gnu Emacs.
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=9005292346.AA13875%40denali.sun.com
shows that this issue isn't really new, but AFAIK there isn't something
like this actually implemented, is it?

Of course this might reduce platform independence, but hey: For a
multi-threaded Emacs, I'd be willing to leave my homely home and switch
to whatever system able offering it to me.

MFG Frank

--
Did you ever realize how much text fits in eighty columns? If you now consider
that a signature usually consists of up to four lines, this gives you enough