Re: Android port of Emacs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Android port of Emacs
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 12:53:34 -0400

>>> I was not suggesting that you should report bugs to Termux:X11, I was
>>> asking for something more detailed than "unbearable", which contradicts
>>> what others said in this thread.
> Do you really have nothing more concrete than "unbearable"?

No, indeed.  To get something more concrete I'd have to invest more time
to try it again.

> Also, is it not possible that between the moment you tried to use Termux:X11
> (which started only four years ago and is under active development) and
> now, it has improved, perhaps significantly so?

I'm sure it's possible, and I'm really glad they work on this.
I just don't see this as a reason not to include the `feature/android`
code into the main branch of Emacs.

AFAICT you're the one who's saying we should choose one
(Emacs-via-Termux/X11) over the other (Emacs/Android).  I want both.
[ I've also been known to want Emacs's codebase to move towards being
  able to support various GUIs at the same time from the same Emacs
  process.  ]

        Stefan