Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 10:04:15 +0000

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

>> AFAIU, it is possible:
>> https://meta.discourse.org/t/configure-incoming-email-to-create-new-topics-or-group-messages/62977
>> https://meta.discourse.org/t/set-up-reply-by-email-with-pop3-polling/14003
>>
>> May you point me to the emacs-china post where you asked about this?
>
> I don't have that link at hand, sorry.  But I asked about threads, and
> how they are merged into topics, not ``categories''.

>From my understanding, it is also possible, although in limited way
(because of lack of reply branching in Discourse). emacs-china admins
may know better though - I'm just looking up Discourse docs.

>> I am talking about lurkers - users who do not participate in a thread,
>> but want to get notified about _all_ the new emails.
>>
>> Also, participation will only work for the thread branch that is
>> in-reply to an email send by an unsubscribed user, but not for other
>> emails in the thread.
>
> Ask the interlocutors to copy you in; it's no insurmountable hassle,
> and a request I have made many times.

I have to say that it is quite a hassle for a number of people.
As a lurker in most threads, sending a message and bothering all the
participants with such a request is not easy at all (I know that it is
not the case for all people, but it is really hard to jump in with
random seemingly unrelated request for someone like me).

Also, it does not feel reliable - I know very well how people forget
an active discussion where the participants may not immediately (or at
all) see a random email at the bottom of the thread tree.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,