Re: [Fsfe-uk] Brief report: OSS Watch launch conference.

From: Tom Coady
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Brief report: OSS Watch launch conference.
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 10:34:45 +0000

ian said the following on 09/01/2004 09:23:

I think the statement here is misleading. From what I read on ZDnet it
wasn't security resons, just that their systems are complicated and that
they were not sure about how to integrate and replace all the existing
applications. Since I think Netproject have been involved its would
probably be worth contacting Eddie Bleasdale there to find the real
story.

Yes, security seems a weird reason to choose. A bit like saying Linux is no good because it's closed source.

In any case there is another reason cited here http://www.vnunet.com/News/1151880 and discussed here: