Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch [reiserfs-bashing]

From: Charles Duffy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch [reiserfs-bashing]
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:35:13 -0500

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 16:54, Miles Bader wrote:
> My general feeling is that reiserfs (v4?) may eventually be a contender for
> general purpose use, but that it's not there yet, unless you fall into the
> `disk trashed? no biggie.' camp (which a fair number of people do, at least
> for some of their disks).

This is, granted, getting a bit OTish... but I've had some serious
reiserfs corruption issues (including the utter lack of bad block
handling, reiserfsck discarding previously accessible data, and assorted
other data-corruption-related Bad Things which happened over a year ago
such that I don't actually remember the details now).

I'm certainly not going to use it to host something as critical as my
revision control system's archive directory.

(Okay, no more posts from me on this subthread -- promise).