[Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla build-config --hard-links available too (fwd)

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla build-config --hard-links available too (fwd)
Date: 02 Oct 2003 17:32:01 +0900

Davide Libenzi <address@hidden> writes:
> > The same warnings than for get apply:
> > BE CAREFUL with hardlinks!!
>
> I am currently playing with something like this and it seem to work.  I
> did a shared library (libflcow.so) that gets loaded with LD_PRELOAD and
> read a FLCOW_PATH environment variable.  Every file open RDWR inside the
> paths listed inside the FLCOW_PATH gets decoupled from the link and gets
> its own local copy.  The libary hooks the open(2) function.

It would be also useful to make a list of common developer software that
_doesn't_ break hardlinks.

Emacs and patch (my main tools!) are OK (they break hardlinks), but is it
true that vim doesn't?

-Miles
--
`...the Soviet Union was sliding in to an economic collapse so comprehensive
 that in the end its factories produced not goods but bads: finished products