[Gnu-arch-users] unable to acquire revision lock

From: Gurupartap Davis
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] unable to acquire revision lock
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:23:14 -0600

First of all, thanks to everyone who helped me with the .htaccess and deleted file issues.

Now I've got another problem: I was testing the permissions of my archive directory by committing a change as another user. Both users are members of the group 'dev' and I recursivly chgrp'd and chmod'd my {archives} directory so group 'dev' has write access. I successfully committed with the other user, so all seemed well.

Well, after editing several files (as myself now) I wanted to check in my changes, but now I get an error 'arch_commit: unable to acquire revision lock' I looked and saw there was a lock set for revision patch-1 by the other user. I couldn't figure a way around it, so I eventually deleted the directory (in the {archives} tree). Thing is, I still get the error now, and I've got no idea what I may have messed up or where to look now. why does arch think there is a lock set? or more to the point, why can't I set the lock needed to commit a change?

Should I maybe start over with a new project, or is this fixable?