Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla rescue-tree

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla rescue-tree
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:31:20 +1100

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 17:09, Brian May wrote:

> The more I think about it, I wonder if perhaps this is a bad idea, and
> I should keep them as separate projects.

Yep.
branch to a new category.
delete files and move the directory up to the top of the project.
in the original project, remove that subtree
use a config to tie them together.
create a public archive
tag the publically visible project across to the public archive, and
cacherev it.

The logs for previous stuff will be the only evidence there was ever
more code, and you have no duplciation of code to maintain etc etc.

Rob