[Gnu-arch-users] tla pcomplete (aka emacs/eshell)

From: Jeremy Shaw
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] tla pcomplete (aka emacs/eshell)
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 14:02:15 -0800

Hello,

Being a hardcore emacs junkie, I, of course, use eshell. As far as I
can tell there is no elegant way to use the tla bash completions in
eshell. So, I am going to work on some native pcomplete code.

My plan at this point is to reuse the ~/.tla-commands file and rewrite
.tla-bash-complete in elisp. I toyed with the idea of programmatically
translating the bash completion code into elisp -- but that will
probably take longer than just writing a native implementation from
scratch.

But, first, I thought I should ask if anyone else has already started
on this project? If not I will setup a public archive and get
started. I expect it will take a month or two because I won't have
much time to work on it.

Jeremy Shaw.