[Gnu-arch-users] Problem with merging, Changelog and symlinks

From: Yann Droneaud
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Problem with merging, Changelog and symlinks
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 23:14:10 +0100

Hi,

I'm testing GNU Arch (aka tla) for a week now.
I'm migrating from CVS and clearly, Arch behavior is better for me (tm).

But I found a problem. I don't know if it's related to my limited skills
or if it's a known limitation of Arch or a bug.

The problem appear with tla 1.1 and tla 1.2pre (tla--devo--patch-100).

In a forked branch, I move an automagically generated changelog to
another directory and make a symlink from the old location to the new
location.

No problem to do the merge back the change from the other branch into my
main working tree. But when I commit the merge result, i get this error
message:

* update pristine tree (address@hidden/demo--main--1.0--patch-2 =>
demo--main--1.0--patch-3)
Error calling `vu_lstat' for
"/home/meuh/src/tla/project/demo/main/,,address@hidden/demo--main--1.0--patch-3.patches/removed-files-archive/./ChangeLog.d/address@hidden/demo--main--1.0"
 (No such file or directory)
PANIC: I/O error

Then i try many command to resolv the problem or simply get information
about it, but i get that:

$ tla add-pristine demo--main--1.0--patch-3
corrupt archive
  name: address@hidden
  location: /home/meuh/var/arch/address@hidden
  revision: demo--main--1.0--patch-3

I wrote a script to reproduce the problem. It is attached with this message.
To use it, you just need tla in your path, your id set and somewhere the
script could write.

sh ./test-ChangeLog.d-symlinks-merge.sh demo

This will create a directory named 'demo' with 3 subdirectories inside:
 one for the archives and one for each branches: main and devel.

Regards.

--
Yann Droneaud      <address@hidden>     +33 6 88 40 82 43
<address@hidden>    <address@hidden>    <address@hidden>