Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [Help-gnu-arch] file-find not working depending on

From: Robert Widhopf-Fenk
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [Help-gnu-arch] file-find not working depending on dirname
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 15:48:41 +0200

On Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 11:54:40, Jani Monoses wrote:

> > I have an archive with a category 'tla-tcsh-completion
> > and branch 'main'.  When checking it out into a directory
> > with the category name, then 'tla file-find' fails.
>
> tla get interprets that as the revision argument instead of dir and
> does things differently.  I checked here and it's the same behavior
> for me.

Then I would regard it as a bug, since the docs clearly say
it is an optional arg, namely a local dir.  The user should
have the choice to choose any name he likes.

If tla has a problem with the name it should complain
and stop before getting the tree.

BTW all other commands (I have used) work fine, just
find-file fails.  When diffing the trees I also do not see
any differences related to this.

IMHO it is a bug in "tla find-file" or at least one only
visible there.

Robert