Primrose 0.0.3 -- an Optical Music Recognition program

From: Mark Seaborn
Subject: Primrose 0.0.3 -- an Optical Music Recognition program
Date: 21 Dec 2000 20:25:59 +0000

This is just to announce a new early version of my Optical Music
Recognition program, Primrose, which is written in Scheme.  You can
get it from <http://primrose.sourceforge.net/>.

The main visible change in this version is the addition of a crude
graphical interface -- when run under DrScheme, it can display the
output of some of the tests in windows.  Also, under the hood, I have
been playing around with module systems for Scheme, so the main change
is to make the program use the PLT Units module system.

>From the README file:  At the moment it knows how to locate the staffs
in a scanned sheet of music, remove them, locate the objects on the
page, and identify some of these objects (eg. rests, note heads,
stems).

--
         Mark Seaborn
   - address@hidden - http://members.xoom.com/mseaborn/ -

     ``There is a vast degree of sleaze, more than actually exists''
             -- Robin Oakley