gnue-dev

[GNUe-dev] Accessing GNUe's code repository

From: Jason Cater
Subject: [GNUe-dev] Accessing GNUe's code repository
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:57:55 -0600

Per recent discussions, we have converted GNUe's CVS repository to
subversion. The repository is now stored on ash, our dedicated GNUe
server.

To access the repository, you will need a login on ash and the
subversion software installed.

If you are on Debian Woody, subversion debs can be installed by adding
the following to your /etc/apt/sources.list:

    deb http://www.backports.org/debian stable all

Under Linux/BSD/*nix, you can check out the repository using the
following, substituting "<your ash login>" with your username:

  $ export SVN_SSH="ssh -l <your ash login>"
  $ svn co svn+ssh://svn.gnuenterprise.org/var/svn/gnue/trunk gnue

This will check out the code into gnue/ . You may be prompted for your
ash
login information twice -- we don't yet know what's causing this.

You will likely want to add "export SVN_SSH=..." to your ~/.bash_profile
(or equivalent), as, unlike cvs, svn doesn't remember your login
information from session to session.

A good subversion reference can be found at:

   http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

It covers the basics, as well as branching, tagging, etc.

Please note: we do not currently offer a way to anonymously access
our repository. We are working on a solution for those who like to
follow our progress but aren't active developers. We will keep you
posted.

Thanks,

Jason Cater
GNU Enterprise