Re: [gnugo-devel] tuning patch

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] tuning patch
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 07:23:50 -0800

> btw, what for do we use explicit anchors in owl_attackpats.db?

The patch trevor_3_11.1b went into GNU Go 3.3.12. There was
claimed a speedup. I found one message in the archive in which
Trevor said that the actual speedup was about 1% but I recall
some discussion in which it was said that the potential
speedup was actually greater than that.

Discussion of this patch was in October and November. I
don't think I found all the mail about it that I can
remember.

Dan