[gnugo-devel] GnuGo strength - Clarifications

From: Pierre VIAU
Subject: [gnugo-devel] GnuGo strength - Clarifications
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 09:59:40 +0100

Hi,

I have seen on the GoBan web page a graph of GnuGo ratings over time in the NNGS server (rated about 10k since a few months).

Using GoBan (MacOS free interface to GnuGO) I noticed that you can vary the thinking time versus strength for GnuGo. Can you tell me what is the setting used when GnuGo plays in NNGS: is it maximum strength, or “recommended” strength (in GoBan that’s a setting about 2/3 up the strength scale) ? If it’s not maximum strength, do you know the approximate playing strength at maximum setting ?

Thanks in advance
Pierre