[gnugo-devel] Cosmic GnuGo + bug ?

From: Stéphane Nicolet
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Cosmic GnuGo + bug ?
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 18:45:23 +0200

Hi all,

I have tried to tweak the influence values of GnuGo 3.3.18 to
make it play large moyos in the center, and I am quite pleased
by the first resulting games.

Note, however, than I have encountered a very strange bug at
the end of the game attached game (Black is my modified version
of 3.3.18, White is the default 3.3.18. level 5 vs. level 5)

The strange behaviour is the following one : Black manages to
build a  winning, huge territory, but fails to kill the late white
invasion. So far, so good.
However, as a result, both programs pass before the end of the game !

Explanation for the bug(?), comments or encouragements most
welcome :)

Stéphane

PS : I plan to learn how to use the diff utils and all that sort of
things soon on my Mac, but just in case anybody is interested,
I have also included the full modified influence.h and influence.c
as attachment.