Re: [gnugo-devel] Connection point not seen

From: SP LEE
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Connection point not seen
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 11:13:51 -0700

> Attached is a game I just played with the latest GNUGO (from the cvs). There
> was an obvious blunder on move 158, where GNUGO thought its group L9 is
> dead, while this group can be simply connected with outside on O14. In GTP
> mode, owl_attack L9 showed that O14 is an attack point. However, it didn't
> even consider the move O14 in "owl_defend L9" and thought the group L9 is
> dead without any defense. O14 is generated by the move generator, but almost
> without any value.

When I tried owl_does_defend O14 L9, the result is "successfully escaped". So
my question is, does it seem like that a pattern should be added? To simplify
the situation, refer to the following graph (a=O14):

O O .
X a X
. O O

I'm not so familiar with the pattern data base. However, I would think GNUGO
should be able to find that 'a' is a connection point for black.

Your comments are highly appreciated.

SP Lee