Re: [gnugo-devel] How to update GnuGo makefiles ?

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] How to update GnuGo makefiles ?
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 16:51:19 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Stephane,

just a brief answer to your technical questions: You need automake and
autoconf.

> However, that leads to my final questions : How can I add files to
> gungo's Makefiles ? I haven't been able to figure out if I must modify
> something in Makefile.am, Makefile.in, Makefile, configure.in, etc...
> More precesily, here are the files I have and where I want to use them :

You only need to modify Makefile.am manually. Try to do it similar to
the other files (in patterns.c there are some example of stand-alone
programs). Then run "automake" and "configure", and it should work.

> minimization.h, minimization.c :
>         This library implement the conjugate gradient algorithm
>        to find the minimum of a function in multidimension.
>         As they are completely independant of Go, I think
>        I would like to put them in /utils.
>
> -> Which Makefile should I modify to be able to use the functions in
> minimization.h from the engine afterwards ?

Add them to lib_utils in Makefile.am, and just include the header file
where you need the declarations.

> test_minimization.c :
>         A small test program for the previous library. Self-contained.
>
> -> Where should I put it ?
Also in utils/, I think.

> fitting.c, fitting.h (not written yet) :
>        I would like to add these two files to the engine, and be
>        able to call the functions defined in fitting.h from main().
>        How do I do that from the Makefile, etc? :-)
Depends on where you want to put them. If in engine/, you can just add
them to lib_engine in Makefile.am. (And include fitting.h from main.c).

HTH