[gnugo-devel] Patch: new cache part 2

From: Inge Wallin
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Patch: new cache part 2
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 23:39:52 +0200

Here is a patch that improves the new cache according to the comments on the
list.

 - use unsigned int as value in Hashnode_ng
 - remove inclusion of stdint.h
 - komaster_hash extended to 7 values until permanent solution is found.
 - removed references to read_result in attack() and find_defense()
 - new function: hashdata_to_string()
 - some general cleanup

I have tested it with setting MIN_HASHBITS in hash.h to 32, and it works
nicely, so it should work with 64 bits on a 64 bit machine as well.

Left to do:
 - After everything is OK'ed, remove the _ng suffixes
 - Remove FULL_POSITION_IN_HASH after this decision is finalized.
 - A more general solution to the NUM_ROUTINES / NUM_KOMASTER_VALUES issue
 - (possibly): Use Gunnars bitfield solution.

The only thing that I am sure that you will comment on is that I had to
separate some macro definitions in hash.h dependent on wether NUM_HASHVALUES
is equal to 1 or 2.  Take a look and say what you think.

Is there anything else that needs to be reverted or cleaned now?  If not, I
will continue to integrate the new cache into gnugo.

        -Inge