[gnugo-devel] life and death problems

From: Evan Berggren Daniel
Subject: [gnugo-devel] life and death problems
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:35:33 -0400 (EDT)

I have created a test suite of life and death problems for gnugo from the
problem book "The Art of Capturing Stones" (published in the US by
Yutopian, book Y25, available from yutopian.com/go/).  I have entered most
of the first 32 problems (under the stones problems), with one test case
per move in the main variation.  Gnugo gets 61 out of 178 test cases
correct; however, some of these passes are accidental, as later moves in
the problem are missed.  Gnugo gets only 1 problem completely correct.

Anyway, once I have more time from other projects I should be working on
and schoolwork, I plan to try some owl tuning on these problems.  Some of
the moves missed are very, very simple mistakes that should be corrected.
If anyone else is interested in a copy of the suite, we can discuss that;
obviously, I can't submit the problems for copyright reasons.

Evan Daniel