Re: [gnugo-devel] crash

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] crash
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 19:09:49 +0000

Evan wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Paul Pogonyshev wrote:
> > The patch below fixes the bug in a proper way.  The problem actually
> > originated in `mkpat.c' and the matcher itself is working just fine.
> > It's not much of a surprise -- `mkpat.c' is in terrible conditions
> > with all the quick hacks stacked one on another.
> >
> > Gunnar has confirmed that the patch fixes the posted test -- the
> > labels are in the correct positions for all transformations now.
>
> Is it worth applying this to 3.4 and releasing 3.4.1?

Maybe.  We had another crash in 3.4, though very unlikely to be ever
repeated (cyclic point redistribution due to some pattern).  The bug
in corner database generation not only can cause crashes in very rare
cases, but most likely prevents GNU Go from playing certain josekis
(those with constraints).

Paul