Re: [gnugo-devel] New logo from Ebba Berggren

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] New logo from Ebba Berggren
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 06:54:04 -0800

Mans Ullerstam wrote:

> Dear developers,
> I have not participated in a long time. But I looked at the project
> today and was impressed. Nice work at the Computer Olympiad 2003!
>
> Anyway, my girlfriend felt that the logo she produced before was not
> optimal. A logo should be simple and clear. Therefore I am sending you
> some new variations of the same theme. The text is no longer part of the
> logotyope. It is better to keep the text outside, for clearance and
> since the versions change all the time.
>
> Please send these to the list and let the developers vote or something
> similar.
>
> She has no copyright issues with the picture as long as it is used for
> GNU Go.
>
> BTW, we are living in Tokyo, Japan at the moment. If there are some
> Japanese developers living in Tokyo I would love to meet them. Also, if
> there is any event we would like to participate in over here I might be
> able to help out.
>
> Happy New Year,
> Mans Ullerstam

The old logo is beautiful but the proposed on is also very
beautiful. And it doesn't hurt to have different logos. So
far we have two. This could be logo-3.6.

I posted a copy at:

http://sporadic.stanford.edu/bump/logo-3.6.jpg

My two cents: it seems to me that the field in the
Penguin should be white (snow, where the Penguine lives)
and the Penguin must have a white breast and black
head. This means that the background of the Gnu must be
black, and something like the lower left picture is
optimal. Maybe the contrast could be improved by some
tweaking.

Dan