[gnugo-devel] Patch: owl reading now uses new transposition table

From: Inge Wallin
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Patch: owl reading now uses new transposition table
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 23:15:09 +0100

Here is the next step in the slow migration to the new hash table.

I have run half of the regressions tests and found no changes.  I timed a few
runs of owl.tst, and found almost no speed up.  That's probably because the
whole owl reading tree will fit in both the old and the new cache just fine.

However, when the connection reading and semeai reading also have been
converted, we can remove the old hash table and then we will get a small
speedup because we can use the memory for only one hash table instead of two.

        -Inge