Re: [gnugo-devel] New edge joseki patch

From: Evan Daniel
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] New edge joseki patch
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 19:07:31 -0500

SP lee wrote:
The block on L17 is really urgent. After this patch there is no regession
change. I'm not sure if I should add a test case for this.

I tend to think adding test cases is a good idea, especially when the patch doesn't cause a regression change. We'd like to know if this breaks in the future.

+Pattern EJ102
+#spl 3.5.5
+
+?XX..
+.O*O.   block is mandatory. Tenuki is disasterous
+.....
+.....
+-----
+
+:8,J

Is a full J classification needed for these patterns? Is j or t sufficient instead? J classifications are valued highly enough that they can cause problems in some cases.

Evan Daniel