Fwd: Re: [gnugo-devel] GNU GO documentation

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Fwd: Re: [gnugo-devel] GNU GO documentation
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 01:19:14 +0300

Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] GNU GO documentation
Date: 20 April 2004 00:59
From: wael hany <address@hidden>
To: Paul Pogonyshev <address@hidden>

Paul Pogonyshev <address@hidden> wrote:> Paul Pogonyshev
wrote:wael hany wrote:
> > Dear sirs
> > we are a group of computer engineer students , interseted in the
> > field of game implementation & we like to implement GO Game using
> > C# ( c -sharp language ) we tried to use your GNU GO library but
> > the documetation is not enough so we need more documention about
> > the evalutaion functions , helper function , how to take patterns
> > from the board ...etc we need a full documentation about the
> > implementation & designing of GNU GO to be able to implement it
> > using c#
>
> What exactly do you want to implement, a program that can play Go,
> or a program that is an interface to GNU Go? In other words: a
> program that can generate moves on its own and doesn't need GNU
> Go for this, or a program that presents user with a graphical
> board and asks GNU Go to generate moves?
>
> Paul
>
> hi Paul
>
> i need to make a program that asks the GNU GO to generate the move using c#

Please reply to address@hidden or CC there, so that others can
help you too.

In this case you should look at GTP protocol. It will allow you to
have a separate program and not link with GNU Go. Thus you will not
need to worry about internals.

You can find description of GTP at

http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gunnar/gtp/

(see the GTP 2 draft).

To start GNU Go in GTP mode run it from command line as

gnugo --mode gtp --quiet

Before you ask: I doubt anyone on the list knows C# or how to create
process with pipes on it (this question is often asked by Windows
programmers). In general, we can help you with understanding GTP,
but not with specific programming questions.

Paul

dear sir

        first of all i would like to thank u for your help , we find that
implementing the project with GTP willnot be our  trend , we need another
database we can know all its internals & access & modify it , if u can help us
by telling me another database we can access in our project (rather than GNU)
, if there isnot pls tell us another way to implement GO

                                                                 thank u &
waiting for ur reply

                                                                         wael
hany

Paul Pogonyshev <address@hidden> wrote:
> Paul Pogonyshev wrote:wael hany wrote:
> > Dear sirs
> > we are a group of computer engineer students , interseted in the
> > field of game implementation & we like to implement GO Game using
> > C# ( c -sharp language ) we tried to use your GNU GO library but
> > the documetation is not enough so we need more documention about
> > the evalutaion functions , helper function , how to take patterns
> > from the board ...etc we need a full documentation about the
> > implementation & designing of GNU GO to be able to implement it
> > using c#
>
> What exactly do you want to implement, a program that can play Go,
> or a program that is an interface to GNU Go? In other words: a
> program that can generate moves on its own and doesn't need GNU
> Go for this, or a program that presents user with a graphical
> board and asks GNU Go to generate moves?
>
> Paul
>
> hi Paul
>
> i need to make a program that asks the GNU GO to generate the move using c#

Please reply to address@hidden or CC there, so that others can
help you too.

In this case you should look at GTP protocol. It will allow you to
have a separate program and not link with GNU Go. Thus you will not
need to worry about internals.

You can find description of GTP at

http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gunnar/gtp/

(see the GTP 2 draft).

To start GNU Go in GTP mode run it from command line as

gnugo --mode gtp --quiet

Before you ask: I doubt anyone on the list knows C# or how to create
process with pipes on it (this question is often asked by Windows
programmers). In general, we can help you with understanding GTP,
but not with specific programming questions.

Paul

dear sir

        first of all i would like to thank u for your help , we find that implementing the project with GTP willnot be our  trend , we need another database we can know all its internals & access & modify it , if u can help us by telling me another database we can access in our project (rather than GNU)  , if there isnot pls tell us another way to implement GO

                                                                 thank u & waiting for ur reply

                                                                         wael hany

Do you Yahoo!?