Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: allergies table

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: allergies table
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 16:07:41 +0200

Andreas,

> > a doctor on the German list raised the question whether it be
> > beneficial to record ongoing or previous hyposensibilization
> > treatment pertaining to a particular allergy.
> I guess in the same record as the allergy because I think that
> a hyposensibilization will be done only to those allergies the
> patient is suffering from - so this record has to exist.
Well, the hypo treatment (supposedly) is recorded elsewhere
anyways (under treatment) being linked to a "health issue"
(which is one level above "episode") in this case "allergy to
Penicillin". So it would really just be a shortcut because it
would just as well be possible to check whether the "health
issue" a recorded allergy points to is also referenced by a
hypo treatment "clinical transaction".

> to suffer from this allergy and I think a field hyposensibilization
> should have some certain states which might be:
[...]
Sure but that's the job of the table(s) describing the hypo
treatment.

Current table attached.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net