[Gnumed-devel] My Dead computer

From: richard terry
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] My Dead computer
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 08:19:10 +1000

Pisses me off no end.

I must have lost 3 weeks of my life over the last 2 months on this and
re-installed the operating system half a dozen times swapping bits trying to
find the fault.

 I've ordered a new motherboard last night and it'll take either my old 1.33
chip of up to 3gig, so hopefully I'll be up and running at home again by the
end of the week. Should have done that originally for all it cost.

Fortunately I managed to save my efforts on the Doc's for Dummies for 9.1 to
my old Hewlett Packard Vectra 300 server  prior to stripping the machine.
This old server Ieave on 24/24 (has a newish HDD) and is a real boon.

I'm so good at installing gnumed + gyPgSql now I can do it blindfolded!! so
getting everything back on won't be a problem.

Regards

Richard