[Gnumed-devel] Re: BMI Calc

From: Michael Bonert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: BMI Calc
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 01:28:52 -0400 (EDT)

>I've looked at the progress and thanks.
:)

>1) Centre the BMI Calc on the screen
Still on the TODO.  Preg Calculator as far as I know has the same problem.
The "GnuMed About" window I made is okay... so the solution is at hand.
I think the fix requires understanding the code in the plugin base class.

>2) When you calculate the BMI, I would set the slider bar to that value,
>however I would not set the text boxes beneath that.
Done. ***

>3) Can you link the reset buttons to clear the text boxes
Done.

>4) At some point we need to do something about the coloured boxes
>representing the appropriate ranges - I've enclosed another dump of the
>visual basic template showing how it looks.
TODO... will require some thinking.

The code needs some clean-up.  I added comments about where... will look
into this over the next few days -- unless someone beats me to it.

*** There is a little quirk in the calculation that is result of rounding.
if self.height==168 and self.mass==86
        self.txtbmi = 30.5
        self.newbmi = 30   <-- LOOKS WRONG (when compared w/ self.txtbmi)
WHY?
        true BMI = 30.470521541950113 <-- What appears to be
                                          an error is a result of rounding!
There are a few comments regarding this in the code.

Michael