Re: [Gnumed-devel] Drug Progress

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Drug Progress
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 02:09:35 +0200

> You still need a way of updating the drug database regularly,
This is the job of drugref.org + friends. I'll gladly pay for
it if I have to.

> and some doctors (like me) want to enhance existing reference data
> by own annotations.
Which does not automatically mean that the "official" drug
reference source must be writable.

> Hence, write access must be possible - and I do believe that
> write access should happen through the same API, same service.
Well, that's points 1) and 2) of my three bullet list +
drugref.org. And I did say that those items may share an API.

There still is the distinction between "pure" reference drug
info and "tainted" (associated with a patient, that is) drug
data. That's two clearly separate things, IMHO.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net