Re: Distributed Object Programming

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Distributed Object Programming
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 19:48:47 -0700 (PDT)

--- Tito Mari Francis Escaño <address@hidden> wrote:
> Greetings!
> I'm a newbie in GNU Openstep programming environment. I found a DDJ magazine
> about enabling a legacy app in a distributed computing environment using PDO.
> Is this facility fully implemented in GNUstep?

Distributed objects in GNUstep is fully functionaly, but *NOT COMPATIBLE* with
the NeXT implementation since NeXT never documented the format used in thier
version of DO.  The same applies to storage format of nib files; no docs there
either.

> Pls advice me.
> With gratitude, thank you very much.

=====
Gregory John Casamento           Sr. Software Engineer