Questions about Bison's implementation

From: Carlos Javier Borges Villalba
Subject: Questions about Bison's implementation
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 13:11:40 +0000

Hi,
(I am still alive XDDD)
I have some question about Bison's implementation. I would like to know in deed how it converts the LR(0) automata into a LALR. (Please do not tell me to read the Dragon Book. I cannot see any correspondence between Bison and the algoritm that I can find on the book). I don't understand the F vector... , the LA matrix the digraph function and so on. In deed, i am very interesting in know which algorithm Bison uses.

About how Bison solves the conflicts we have the next question. Why have we differents results for the next grammar if we change the rules order?

left a
left b
left c

S->Ab
S-> ABb
S->ab
A->a
B-> %prec c

We want to Know how Bison solves multiples conflicts cause all the biography talks about pairs of elemenst on conflicts but not about multiples conflicts.

Thank you very much.

Hable con sus amigos en lĂ­nea, pruebe MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.es