Re: [Help-gnu-radius] radius server not listening

From: Joost De Cock
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] radius server not listening
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 14:57:23 +0200

On Tuesday 22 April 2003 13:36, Sergey Poznyakoff shoved this is my mailbox:
> Hello Joost,
>
> There are two sets of "radius" ports:
>
> 1) 1645-1646    These are the "legacy" ports. GNU Radius uses them by
> default
>
> 2) 1812-1813  These are the ports assigned to RADIUS protocol by
> RFC 2865.
>
> What happens in your case is that radiusd is listening on 1645-1646
> (and, of course, the radauth is using thiese ports), whereas your
> Cisco is using 1812-1813, so it doesn't get any answer.

OK, but shouln't I see the open ports (1645-1646) when I do an nmap.
It seems like it doesn't listen on the network, forcing cisco on those ports
doesn't do it either

I'm afraid I don't see how this could be a port issue when there no port
listening at all :(

joost

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please
notify A.S.T.R.I.D.  nv/sa immediately and then delete this e-mail.