Re: [Fwd: gd configure issue: Re: Mac OS X Support]

From: Lars Hecking
Subject: Re: [Fwd: gd configure issue: Re: Mac OS X Support]
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:27:55 +0000

Lars Hecking writes:

>  Hi all,
>
>  Can you please take a look at this? I added auto* and libtool support
>  to gd library, but I have very little experience with the latter, and
>  this looks like a libtool problem to me.
>
>  (If this is not enough information, I have the complete make output and
>   config.log. Please Cc replies, as I'm not on the list.)

 Hey guys, I was able to get an account on this machine and try it myself :)

 I have upgraded all auto* related files in gd to the latest versions
 (autoconf 2.57/automake 1.7.1/libtool 1.4.3), and this seems to have
 fixed the problem! All that remains now is a linker warning every time
 an executable is linked, e.g.:

/bin/sh ./libtool --mode=link gcc  -g -O2   -o testac  testac.o ./libgd.la
-ljpeg -lpng -lz -lm
gcc -g -O2 -o .libs/testac testac.o  -L./.libs -lgd -ljpeg -lpng -lz -lm
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _main
testac.o definition of _main in section (__TEXT,__text)
./.libs/libgd.dylib(libgd.2.0.0.dylib-master.o) definition of _main

 But the resulting executables appear to work.

 Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it!