Re: I can not see the notes

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: I can not see the notes
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 13:03:08 +0200

If you produce a PS version of your score using ly2dvi -P, and then
convert it to PDF, you will get bitmapped fonts which looks ugly
on the screen (even though it prints well). ly2dvi --pdf tries to
use Type1 versions (scalable vector fonts) of the fonts. Apparently
you don't have them installed. Please see
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2003-04/msg00113.html

   /Mats

Carlos wrote:
Thanks, I think the fonts are there, at least some of them. I run 'texhash' as indicated and it works fine producing Postcript files or dvi but --pdf does not work. However, I can convert from ps to pdf and it works, so I guess is ok.

thanks

Carlos

David Bobroff wrote:

The program runs with a simple example but all I can see are the lines of the staves but no notes.

If you compiled from source you will have to put the various font files
(.tfm, .afm, .mf, etc.) where TeX expects to find them. Then run 'texhash'
and try again.

-David Bobroff
The irony is that Bill Gates claims to be making a stable operating system
and Linus Torvalds claims to be trying to take over the world.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology