Re: Questions regarding tempo indications

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Questions regarding tempo indications
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 10:13:54 +0100

Carl Youngblood wrote:
How can I make the quarter note for the tempo indication smaller? I'm not sure what object property to modify.

I don't think you can change the size of the note without changing
the size of the letters using a single property setting. If you want
to make the full indication smaller, try something like:
\property Score.MetronomeMark \override #'font-size = #-2
To reduce the size of only the note, use text markup as described below.

> Also, I want to provide a
tempo range, such as \tempo 4 = 84-92, but it croaks when I try to add stuff after the first number. Is there a way to do this?

Yes, but then you cannot use the \tempo command (what tempo should it
insert in the MIDI file in this case?), but you can typeset it using the
general text markup features. Try something like
^\markup{ \small \note #2 #1 #1 "= 84-92" }

See also http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.0/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Text-markup.html#Text%20markup

   /Mats