Re: Staff switch over page break spoils vertical spacing

From: Vaughan McAlley
Subject: Re: Staff switch over page break spoils vertical spacing
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2023 21:28:48 +1000

On Sun, 9 Jul 2023 at 13:10, Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:
Le samedi 08 juillet 2023 à 17:44 +1000, Vaughan McAlley a écrit :
When a staff-switch line goes over a page break, the first system in the next page is stretched and may cover the next system. In the example here, it nearly touches, but in a full score the top system is stretched beyond the bottom of the page.

In the wild, a system may stretch over the next system, like the attached picture.

Admittedly, I'm embarrassed about this bug since it is a regression that I introduced. (Reverting the offending commit would be easy, but that commit fixed a bug too.) I know what needs to be done since I investigated two weeks ago, but unfortunately I likely won't have the time to actually prepare the patch in the coming week, sorry.

Working around it would not exactly be straightforward either; sorry about that too.

Best,
Jean

Thanks Jean, it’s good to know that it is a known issue. It's not too tricky to work around once you know the movement's final layout.

Cheers,
Vaughan

PS Thanks for all your work!