Voice leading lines

From: Glenn Jarvis
Subject: Voice leading lines
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 16:27:08 +0800

Hello list,

I am trying to add a line between notes to denote a "staff switch". However, the music is not on a single voice/staff. Problems listed after the snippet.

Here is a snippet of an abstraction of my music:

\score {
  \new GrandStaff <<
    \new Staff = up \relative c' {
      \time 12/8
      % glissando
      \sectionLabel "glissando"
      <b d a'>2.\glissando
      << { \change Staff = down
        \voiceOne
        \hideNotes
        g'4.
        \unHideNotes
      } \\ {
        \voiceTwo
        \change Staff = up r4. } >>
      <e g a c>

      % StaffSwitch
      \sectionLabel "staff switch"
      \showStaffSwitch
      <b d a'>2.
      << { \change Staff = down
        \hideNotes
        g'4.
        \unHideNotes
      } \\ {
        \change Staff = up
      r4. } >>
      \hideStaffSwitch
      <e g a c>
    }

    \new Staff = down \relative c, {
      \clef bass
      <c g' f'>2. <b'' e g>4. r
      \resetRelativeOctave c,
      <c g' f'>2. <b'' e g>4. r

I was able to do it when there are only 1 voice (the invisible note voice) but when the rest is added (i believe it is the second voice) problem occurs.
Here are the problems I encountered:
1. glissando: i couldn't not control where it goes when there are multiple voices
2. staff switch: it refuses to show up when there are multiple voices

Attached is a picture of what i wanted (in musescore).

Am I using the wrong tool for this job?

--
Glen