Re: Alternating time signature with cue clef

From: Michael Werner
Subject: Re: Alternating time signature with cue clef
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 02:25:20 -0400

Hi Knute,

On Tue, Sep 26, 2023 at 3:27 PM Knute Snortum <ksnortum@gmail.com> wrote:
TL;DR
How do I engrave an alternating time signature and an initial cue clef?

Scriabin has a prelude where he has written a time signature as alternating 5/8 and 4/8 time.  After the initial one, no other time signatures are written. I have figured out a way to engrave this with help from a LSR entry.

Also, the first notes in the right hand are in bass clef.  I want to engrave the initial clef in the right hand as treble, then after the time signature have a cue bass clef.  Lukas-Fabian Moser wrote a solution for that (thanks!)

The problem is those two solutions don't work together. (Looking at them, I can see why they wouldn't.)  I am not clever enough to merge the two solutions or think of a third.  Can anyone help me?

I've attached a screenshot of what I'm trying to engrave.  Also attached is my attempt to use the two solutions, but without success.

What about using a CueVoice, resetting sizes back to default? It seems to work both visually and listening to the midi produced. I've attached some code that engraves the first 7 measures of the Scriabin piece. Within the CueVoice I did have to explicitly set the slur, stem and articulation directions - apparently CueVoice either overrides or ignores voiceOne and voiceTwo settings in those regards. Quite likely there are better ways to go about this, but maybe this can at least get something going.
--
Michael