Re: Dynamics placement in partCombine

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Re: Dynamics placement in partCombine
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 15:36:07 +0200

Quick answer, and I’m not sure it will help much:

\dynamicUp affects the context (Voice) in which it’s placed. \partCombine
combines its arguments into new Voices and \dynamicUp ended up in a different
voice than the p

Thank you for your answer.

When you remove \dynamicUp ALL dynamics appear below. What irritates me is that when you have identical dynamic markings in both voices \dynamicUp and things like \override DynamicTextSpanner.style = #'none work normally. However when voices have differing dynamics it stops to work at some point.

Might be due to the temporary contexts created by \partCombine internally. The current behaviour is very unexpected to me though.

Kind regards,
Michael--
 Michael Gerdau       email: mgd@qata.de