Re: Overwrite key signature with numbers

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Overwrite key signature with numbers
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 16:38:10 +0200

Le vendredi 13 octobre 2023 à 15:36 +0200, Robert Mengual a écrit :
In the example below, I am receiving the following error:  Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting Stream_event): #f

I think I am not receiving a grob in this case.

You are, but this grob doesn't have an event cause. The event-cause function returns either a stream event, or #f if the grob doesn't have a stream event cause (the boolean false, #f, is traditionally used in Scheme for missing values, where many other languages would use some value called null, nil, None, undefined, ...).

How could I move forward with this? The use case is very simple, if the note is a G I want to return a 1 and if not I want to return a 2.

I don't really understand what you're trying to do. A StaffSymbol spans the whole score. What do you do if there are both G notes and other notes?

Do you want to adjust ledger lines locally, for each note? This is rather complicated to do, though there are hacks for that.