Re: Manually control note spacing?

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Manually control note spacing?
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 15:01:59 +0000

Checkout \textLengthOn and see if it does what you want.

On 05/01/2024 14:50, Robert Hickman wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to make an example showing mordent symbols with text
labels. I want the note positions spaced so that the text is all on
one line, with notes placed as needed to fit around it.

The easiest way I can think of doing that would be to put manually
sized 'gap fillers' between the notes which is something I often do in
LaTeX, but I can't find any way of doing that in lilypond - it only
seems possible to change spacing globally?

\version "2.18.2"

\header {tagline = ""}
{
     \numericTimeSignature