lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] SLIP support in Windows

From: James Roth
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] SLIP support in Windows
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:38:31 -0000

Fabio Fumi wrote:

>Hi
>I'm trying to use the approach you suggested, but I'm
>still missing something. Maybe you can give me some
>more help...
>The fact is that when I'm trying to use the modem-like
>connection, the standard dial-up procedure first ask
>the 'modem' a kind of handshake consisting of a string
>of repeted characters. What should the 'modem' answer
>to that in order to be recognized from the PC? Then, a
>series of AT commands are sent, the last being the
>true dialing one (ATDT...) which is answered by the
>modem with a 'CONNECT xxxx'. All of this is obviously
>a start-up procedure, executed only once and before
>the communication stream start, so why do you think
>the 'AT' commands should be added in the standard
>'poll' procedure?
>Do you have any reference to get information from
>about the standard modem procedures?
>
>Thanks so much
>have a nice week-end
>  Fabio

    I just humor windows with an OK\r reply to most commands.  Windows
sends the AT... command followed by a \r.  The ATDT command or the
CLIENT string (with no \r) cause me to go into SLIP mode.  I also put
delays in the AT code for realism.

while (1)
{
    if (got ATDT...)
    {
        write ("CONNECT\r")
        break;
    }
    else if (got AT...) /* an AT other than ATDT */
    {
        write ("OK\r")
    }
    else if (got CLIENT)