nano-devel

[Nano-devel] repeat last search

From: Wouter Van Hemel
Subject: [Nano-devel] repeat last search
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 10:56:19 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I was bothered a bit last night about nano always needing two keystrokes
to find the next match of a search - ^W <enter> - so I made a quick little
patch that implements next-match with one single button.

I tied next-match to alt-w, because it seems logical since it's closely
related to control-w. I moved the LineWrap toggle to alt-l, which was
still available, and feels as intuitive. That's just one of the
possibilities, ofcourse.

It's mostly just some copy-and-pasting, but let me know what you think...

I also noticed that nano search-and-replace always selects one character
too far to the right, at least it looks like it selects two characters
even though it just needs to replace a single one (I guess it's the
terminal cursor that creates this illusion, in plain text console it's
not a problem). Pico itself doesn't have this problem.

If it's the cursor, maybe it can be hidden in X consoles too, either for
real or by moving it to the end or the beginning of the selected part.

Regards,

  wouter