openvortex-dev

[Openvortex-dev] New weirdness with MX300

From: Stanislav Kogan
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] New weirdness with MX300
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 01:36:14 -0400

Hello.

I've had a really strange experience right now.

I turned on xmms, and got LOTS of stereo swaps, about 2-3 times every
second. I tried reloading the drivers, rebooting the computer, playing
with xmms settings, tried alsaplayer - all to no effect. THen I turned
on mplayer, and the stereo swaps disappeared. Also, this one single time
I was able to play 2 streams (mplayer and xmms) at the same time without
getting the "fast play" bug.

Now, why would something like that happen? What's so special about
mplayer?

--

Stanislav Kogan
<*>