openvortex-dev

[Openvortex-dev] News

From: Manuel Jander
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] News
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 02:02:18 -0400

Hi all,

There is a new patch
http://galadriel.mat.utfsm.cl/~mjander/aureal/alsa/aureal-8e.patch.gz

It may work better regarding channel swapping. I simply void the first
samplerate converter from being used ... somehow it seems to improve
things, (remember the chip 'n dale bug ?). Looks like we are squashing
some registers somewhere or its just a hardware "issue". Don't know.

Regarding the Scatter Gather buffer story:

The ALSA team demands solution 2 (accept any period size). All soundcard
should act that way. While that seems reasonable to me, it will be
pretty complex to implement that for Aureal cards (but absolutely not
impossible).
Well, as usual, any ideas are gladly welcome :D

Best Regards

Manuel