pan-users

[Pan-users] problem with multipart messages

From: wim delvaux
Subject: [Pan-users] problem with multipart messages
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 03:08:54 +0100

Hi all,

Since a couple of months I have been experiencing problems with multipart
messages : ALL of them in ALL newsgroups are incomplete ?

Before I had no problem.  I am running pan 0.14.2.

Now I suspect a problem with my ISP (and I am working on this with him but
unfortunately things don't move very quickly ;-( )  I have reported the
problem but I have the impression that either nobody else is downloading
mulitipart messages (possible since PAN is the only reader which can handle
them gracefully) or most are using Windows as OS and hence not PAN or they do
not care.  However they claim that this seems to be a 'private' problem.

What I want to ask is what do you all think of this problem.  Could it be a
PAN bug or an corrupt file of some sort ? Are there means to verify the
correctness or incorrectness of the news server at my end ? Is there any tool
or technique I could use that would help me to debug their problem (which
would make things advance !)

Suggestions ?

Thanx
Wim Delvaux