qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] NT boot: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

From: Vaclav Smilauer
Subject: [Qemu-devel] NT boot: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 14:29:23 +0200

Hi,

my windows NT instalation crashes after the initial file copying and the first reboot (it loads NT kernel etc.) saying INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. I found the same bugreport for bochs (link below), where it has been already resolved - apparently related to an unimplemented int13 extension. After varisou docs, there might be other causes to this message (like floppyless installation, SCSI drivers &c).

I tried with today's CVS qemu-softmmu, raw image of 1024M, RAM both 128, 256, installation with or without floppies. I have an athlon-xp, kernel 2.6.5, it that matters.

bochs bugreport: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12580&atid=112580&func=detail&aid=554949