qemu-devel

Re: build-oss-fuzz CI job often times out

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Re: build-oss-fuzz CI job often times out
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 08:06:44 +0100

On 29/1/22 14:34, Peter Maydell wrote:
Hi; the build-oss-fuzz gitlab CI job seems to intermittently
but quite commonly hit the 1 hour timeout mark and get killed.
Examples from the last couple of days:

https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/2030815488
https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/2029246068
https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/2029013479
https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/2024871970
https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/2022584981

Can we do anything to cut down on the runtime of this job
and make it reliably complete inside the time limit?

All the jobs that you've listed hang in the very same test (qtest-i386/boot-serial-test), so I assume it's rather a test that now hangs occasionally, and not a generic slowness (otherwise the jobs would fail sometimes earlier, sometimes later).

Thus we likely have a regression in the code that only shows up occasionally in these builds... Can you mark a point in time when these issues first happened?

 Thomas