qemu-devel

Re: How to communicate 2 guest machines over serial in qemu?

From: Sidhartha Reddy Kaliki
Subject: Re: How to communicate 2 guest machines over serial in qemu?
Date: Wed, 17 May 2023 16:03:22 +0530

we tried of working on socket and pipes,

In the original hardware, We have 2 compute modules. A serail
interface is available between them and we run a SLIP protocol in
software for the communication.

We would like to replecate the same in Qemu environment. In our
scenario the machine A and a machine B both runs the same software
image, they both should communicate over a SLIP protocol.
We tried using pipes but we are not sure how to communicate between 2
Virtual machines using them.

We appreciate a solution to communicate between Machine A and B using
pipe or by establishing a SLIP protocol between the machines.
Is there any way to establish a pipe between master and slave machine ?